Wednesday 27 September 2017


Tom Hanks has explained why he donated an espresso machine to the press corps at Donald Trump's White House, continuing a personal tradition which dates back to 2004, in an effort to help reporters "keep up the good fight for truth, justice and the American Way".
Speaking on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the Hollywood star said: "I've done that for Democrats and Republican administrations because those poor b******* need coffee."
The show's host replied: "I think this president might be keeping them up anyway."
The machine was accompanied with a typewritten note, addressed "to the White House Press Corps" and urging them to keep up the "good fight... especially for the truth part".
It was the third time the Saving Private RyanForrest Gump and Toy Story actor has made such a gift. He first made a donation when touring the White House under George Bush's presidency in 2004, professing himself baffled at the lack of a decent coffee machine in the press room.
Returning in 2010 during Barack Obama’s first term in office, he reportedly asked: “How is it holding up? Do you need another one? I’m going to get you another espresso machine…. Let me see what I can do for the poor slobs of the Fourth Estate here.” 

1 comment:

  1. An American Joke...Now! An Old American Joke....
    Young man named Donald bought a horse from a farmer for $250.
    The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day.
    The next day, the farmer drove up to Donald's house and said, “Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the horse died.”
    Donald replied, “Well, then just give me my money back.”
    The farmer said, “Can’t do that. I went and spent it already.”
    Donald said, “Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse.”
    The farmer asked, “What ya gonna do with him?”
    Donald said, “I’m going to raffle him off.”
    The farmer said, “You can’t raffle off a dead horse!”
    Donald said, “Sure I can. Watch me. I just won’t tell anybody he’s dead.”
    A month later, the farmer met up with Donald and asked, “What happened with that dead horse?”
    Donald said, “I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at five dollars apiece and made a profit of $2495.”
    The farmer said, “Didn’t anyone complain?”
    Donald said, “Just the guy who won. So I gave him his five dollars back.”

    Donald has just moved into the White House...!

    ReplyDelete